Wednesday 8 February 2017

The Valentine's Classifications

Hello Readers


It is the month of February and for most of us, the beginning of February brings with it the excitement of Valentine’s day, isn’t it? All across the world, Valentine’s day is symbolic to the celebration of love, care and companionship. The receding winters, golden sunshine and blooming roses add to the charm.


I have noticed that In India this day has garnered a lot of attention over the last decade, especially amongst the youngsters. It was only in the year 2000, when I started pursuing my Btech that I first heard about it, but today if you ask a primary class child he will be aware of it. Believe me or not, everybody has some or the other plans for celebrating this day in their own way. Below is my fun list of how various categories of people celebrate it, please note this is based on my personal observation. So here goes my list:

Newly married & Engaged (not married)
Now this is the most passionate group of people and 14th February is more like a judgment day where each person goes on to prove their love for each other. Gifts and cards with passionate wordings, chocolates and roses are a must give. This feels like a festival to them where they celebrate their freshly started relationship.





 Happily married 💖 since long
Interesting group and my favourite too. For this category of couples, having each other is a reason to feel good each day and valentine’s day holds little or no significance. Anyways, I do like it a lot when aged husband lovingly gives a rose to his beloved wife, who blossoms up simply by witnessing the love of her better half. People like these give me some serious relationship goals. A happy marriage is indeed a life time of Valentine’s celebration.

Troubled marriage
To them Valentine’s day gives a chance to make some serious make-ups and amendments to their marriage. A great gift and a nice dinner date with each other can go a long way in building some beautiful memories and improving relationship with each other. I would seriously recommend such couples to celebrate with each other on any given occasion. Dedicating time to each other is a must, may be this 14th Feb can help you evolve more as a couple.

Gang of singletons
Birds of a feather flock together. So we also see the single Boys group or Girls group gang up together, these groups go for outings, dinner, give each other yellow roses to celebrate their friendship. I wonder if it is a compulsion for them or indeed this day has found its roots in our culture. Anyways, India has always welcomed all festivals and cultures with open arms and the celebration of this day actually stands as a testimony to that.


  
Desperate Singles
Do you remember your college days, when some guys would stand with roses in their hands and would ask “Kya aap mujhse friendship karoge”. This is the category of people that makes me cringe. I would recommend their parents to help them do some soul searching and may be help deal with their issues. It is funny but definitely true and I am sure every girl would have witnessed such incidents. 😊


Family celebrations
Again one of my favourites. These folks take the celebration to the next level by celebrating this day with their parents, siblings and complete family. I really feel that we must celebrate all our loved ones and respect the contribution that each one of them have made in making us who we are. Don’t our parents need to be told how much we love them? I am certainly gifting my mother and siblings something good on this Valentine’s day.


Celebrating with Spirituality
This is something that I heard about quite recently and it firmly grabbed my attention. The disciples of the Spiritual Master Saint Dr Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan celebrate this day by expressing their love towards their Guru and towards humanity. And you will be surprised to know the mode of expression. They donate blood, fill in eye donation/body donation forms and do tree plantation. I had heard about such deeds of kindness when I was living in USA. I am quite impressed and very happy to see that such acts of kindness are happening in our country as well. I will also make sure to do at least one such deed to display my love for humanity on this 14th Feb. Well, thank you folks for being an inspiration.


So which category do you belong to? Mention in the comments below and add your own fun categories too. Wish you a very Happy Valentine’s day, may our lives always be filled with the love of our loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. nowrds to say about This movie its very awsme hind. ka napak ko jawab

    ReplyDelete